| < January >
|Normal Max/ High Temperature
|Min/ Low Temperature
|Average Sea or Water Temp
|Number of Wet Days (probability of rain on a day)
|Average Sunlight per day
|Average Daylight per day
|Sunny (Cloudy) Daylight Hours
|Sun altitude at solar noon on the 21st day.
- The average sea tempeature is 15 °C (59 °F).
- The average temperature in Athens in January is a little cool at 9.3 °C (48.74 °F).
- Afternoons can be mild with average high temperatures reaching 12.9 °C (55.2 °F).
- Overnight temperatures are generally cool with an average low of 6.5 °C (43.7 °F).
- The average diurnal temperature variation/ range in January is 6.4 °C (11.5 °F).
- The weather in January is a little parched with rain sometimes. A mere 44.6mm (1.8in) of liquid descends across on average 16 days.
- The blue above Athens is somewhat dreary having on average a mere 3:54 of beaming sunshine per day.
- The shortest day is 9:34 long and the longest day is 10:13 long with an average length of 9:51.
- There are approximately 5:47 per day when bright sunshine is absent due to cloud, haze or the sun being too low on the horizon to register.
- It is sunny approximately 40.3% of daylight hours and cloudy 59.7% of daylight hours.
Check the distance to and compare the Athens January averages with somewhere beginning with:
A | B | C | D | E | F | G | H | I | J | K | L | M | N | O | P | Q | R | S | T | U | V | W | X | Y | Z | All
Weather Trend Graph for January in Athens, Greece
Navigate to January Weather in Locations Surrounding Athens: