| < May >
|Normal Max/ High Temperature
|Min/ Low Temperature
|Average Sea or Water Temp
|Number of Wet Days (probability of rain on a day)
|Average Sunlight per day
|Average Daylight per day
|Sunny (Cloudy) Daylight Hours
|Sun altitude at solar noon on the 21st day.
- The average sea tempeature is 18 °C (64.4 °F).
- The average temperature in Athens in May is warm at 20.2 °C (68.36 °F).
- Afternoons can be fairly hot with average high temperatures reaching 25.3 °C (77.5 °F).
- Overnight temperatures are generally very mild with an average low of 15.4 °C (59.7 °F).
- In May the average diurnal temperature variation/ range is 9.9 °C (17.8 °F).
- The weather in May is droughty with intermittent rain. A paltry 17.2mm (0.7in) of H2O is dropped during on average 8 days.
- The heavens above Athens are quite sunny having an average of a sizable 8:56 of intense sunshine daily.
- The shortest day is 13:44 long and the longest day is 14:34 long with an average length of 14:12.
- There are approximately 5:06 per day when bright sunshine is absent due to cloud, haze or the sun being too low on the horizon to register.
- It is sunny approximately 63.6% of daylight hours and cloudy 36.4% of daylight hours.
Check the distance to and compare the Athens May averages with somewhere beginning with:
A | B | C | D | E | F | G | H | I | J | K | L | M | N | O | P | Q | R | S | T | U | V | W | X | Y | Z | All
Weather Trend Graph for May in Athens, Greece
Navigate to May Weather in Locations Surrounding Athens: